These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Flame of the Forest Safari Lodge
Kanha Tiger Reserve
- Wildlife library; Yoga classes; shop with products made by local women; machaan; game drives with a trained naturalist; walks to the village and in the buffer zone; visit to the weekly market; cycling tours.
- There are 4 individual cottages facing the river. Every cottage has an en suite bathroom, a private courtyard, veranda deck, and a machaan. To combat the summer heat, every room is equipped with an air conditioner and a generator back-up
- The lodge provides fresh food from their own vegetable garden cooked in the traditional style of Central India.
- Closed from 1st July to 30th September.
- Nearest airport - Nagpur (244 km), Jabalpur (195 km)Nearest railhead - Nagpur (244 km), Jabalpur (195 km)Nearest park gate - Khatia
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
Stopping your vehicle beside one of the large golden grass meadows with the sunbeams angled by the tall sal forest behind you; a morning mist and the unseen crack of horns from a pair of barasingha stags clashing and you might well be reminded of Mowgli’s forests made famous by Rudyard Kipling. These lowland forests are a mixture of great sal hardwood trees, once heavily felled for railways sleepers and other mixed species of forest. It is interspersed with grassy meadows - the habitat Read more>>
Other Parks To Combine
The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is arguably one of India’s most exciting Tiger reserves,...
This small wildlife sanctuary covering an area of 245 sq km in the Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh...
Satpura National Park is one of India’s finest Tiger reserves, and was the winner in 2010...
Since 1992 Pench has been included under the umbrella of Project Tiger as the 19th Project...
Kanha is considered by some as the India’s greatest park, an excellent habitat for many mammals...
Bandhavgarh is set amongst the Vindya Hills of Madhya Pradesh and consists of a core area of...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures spanning every...
Wildland Adventures is rated by National Geographic Adventure as the #1 Best \"Do-It-All\"...
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel & ecotourism since...
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 by Richard and Louise McGowan, to exclusively provide customised...