These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Kaziranga National Park
- Dress up in traditional Assamese attire during the cruise’ cultural night and get mesmerised by traditional dance and music performances. Mahabaahu’s naturalist holds talks after each day’s safari to share their knowledge on the day’s sightings. Culinary lessons and live demonstrations by the in-house chef are usually a big hit with gourmands. An onboard spa, swimming pool, library, bar and lounge, and sun deck are some of the other features of the cruise. Offboard experiences include visits to the local mishing, silk weaving and fishing villages; a trip to Peacock Island – the smallest inhabited river island in the world; a meal with a tea planter’s family in the Haruchirai tea estate; and jeep, boat and elephant safaris through the enchanting Kaziranga forests.
- Cabins are 2 Suites with Balcony, 2 Luxury with Balcony, 7 Deluxe with Balcony and 12 Superior without Balcony. Every unit is airconditioned with attached bathrooms, flat-screen television sets with satellite connections, mini-bars, telephones and electronic safes.
- Catch some drinks at the bar and lounge cum library and then relish Indian and Continental delicacies made using locally sourced ingredients in the ship’s restaurant. The cruise also has an onboard bakery that bakes fresh breads, donuts, croissants, lavaash and more every morning.
- October to April.
- Embarkation point - Upstream cruise boarding at Pandu port in Guwahati and disembarking at Neamati ghat at Jorhat; Downstream cruise boarding at Neamati ghat at Jorhat and disembarking at Pandu port in Guwahati. Nearest airport - Guwahati for Upstream cruise; Jorhat for Downstream cruise. .Nearest railhead - Guwahati for Upstream cruise; Jorhat for Downstream cruise.
- Children of 6 years and above are welcome. Please see the terms and conditions here https://adventurerivercruises.com/booking-policy/
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Swimming pool
- Wifi access
As you amble across the tall grasslands on elephant back and emerge into an opening, you’re likely to run into some heavily armoured, prehistoric looking one- horned rhinoceros, nonchalantly grazing before you barely looking up to give you the time of day. Do consider the sight that belies the extraordinary story behind their survival, here on the banks of the mighty Brahmaputra River. This 430 square kilometres of swamps, sandy riverine islands and waves of tall elephant grass which exist Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...