These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Nameri Eco Camp
Nameri National Park
- River rafting; trek in the park with the assistance of an armed forest department guide.
- The camp has 9 tents, 3 cottages, and a dormitory that accommodates around 20 people. Locally sourced materials, such as bamboo, have been used for the construction
- The eatery here has a varied menu. Food served ranges from local cuisine to Chinese dishes. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian items are available. Tandoori roti and chicken is a big hit with tourists.
- Open all through the year. The National Park is closed from June to October but rafting on the river is open all year round depending on the condition of the river and discretion of the Range Officer.
- Nearest airport - Guwahati (220 km), Tezpur (25 km)Nearest railhead - Tezpur (37km)Nearest park gate - Jia Bhoroli River (1 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome. They can visit the pygmy hog centre behind the camp or go for easy and safe float trips on the Jia Bhoroli River.
- In-house lodge naturalist
Get away from the bustle of overcrowded parks and visit this quiet gem for a more personal interaction with the wilderness in Assam. Spanning an area of 344 square kilometres, it shares its Northern boundary with the Pakke Tiger Reserve of Arunachal Pradesh, a patchwork of lush green forests and wetlands with the clear waters of the Jia Bhoroli River adding to the beautiful views. Jia Bhoroli was once famous for its golden mahseer population and was a popular angling destination, but it has now Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wildland Adventures is rated by National Geographic Adventure as the #1 Best \"Do-It-All\"...
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures spanning every...
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel & ecotourism since...
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 by Richard and Louise McGowan, to exclusively provide customised...