These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
- Park drives with a naturalist; trips to Bandhavgarh Fort; bird and butterfly walks (subject to condition of entry); slide shows and informal wildlife talks; wildlife library; wildlife gallery; Kay’s art prints can be seen in the gallery
- Accommodation is in one of 5 simple twin rooms with attached bathrooms.
- All meals, principally vegetarian, are served with authentic local flavours. Much of the fruit and vegetables are home grown. Closed from July until end of September for the monsoon.
- Closed from July until end of September for the monsoon.
- Nearest airport - Jabalpur (190 km), Khajuraho (245 km) Nearest railhead - Umaria (35 km), Katni (100 km)Nearest park gate - Tala (1 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
It is hard to imagine as you drive through these forests that this area was originally home to powerful kings and maharajas residing in the large hilltop fort; its meadows were rich agricultural lands tended by farmers and Buddhist monks; and sadhus occupied an extensive cave system in 100 BC. Bandhav-garh means ‘fort of the brother’ and is belived to have been gifted by Lord Ram to his brother Lakshman. In the twelfth century, the fort was given in dowry to the Baghela clan, of whic Read more>>
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures spanning every...
Wildland Adventures is rated by National Geographic Adventure as the #1 Best \"Do-It-All\"...
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel & ecotourism since...
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 by Richard and Louise McGowan, to exclusively provide customised...