These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Periyar Tiger Reserve
- Visits to Periyar Tiger Reserve, local market, tribal villages and spice plantations; nature walks; trips to vegetable farms, vineyards; tribal dance, kathakali and kalaripayattu demonstrations in nearby cultural centres
- Rooms are of two types: Terraced rooms (with an open sit-out upstairs) and Secret Gardens (with a private garden area). No two rooms are the same, but all are equally roomy. Stone and brick facades add a rustic feel to the place. Natural materials have been used wherever possible.
- We serve up filling breakfasts with all the homemade peanut butter, jams and preserve you want. Tea and coffee are aplenty. For other meals, just take a walk down the road to the market and enjoy delectable Kerala, North Indian, Chinese and continental dishes fit for every budget and taste.
- The lodge is open throughout the year.
- Nearest airports: Madurai (140 km), Kochi (180 km)
Nearest Railhead: Kottayam (114 km)Nearest Park gate: Periyar (500 meters)
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Credit cards accepted
- Wifi access
The Periyar Tiger Reserve in ‘God’s Own Country’ of Kerala is a spectacular expanse of greenery and seemingly unending chain of hills in the southern region of the Western Ghats, with some of the best wildlife activities for keen wildlife visitors to enjoy. The reserve along the river Periyar, which originates in the heart of these forests, spreads over an area of 925 sq km amidst Thekkady’s spice-scented Cardamom Hills. More than 60 species of mammals are found here; including the Asiat Read more>>
Other Parks To Combine
Valparai is a mid-elevation hill station in the Coimbatore district of Tamil Nadu, India. Located...
You can lose yourself in the lush green forests of the Nilgiris and return to experience it...
Nagarhole is a combination of two Kannada terms, 'Nagara' meaning 'Cobra' and 'Hole' meaning...
Coorg, also known by its local name Kodagu, is a district of Karnataka. The region spans about...
Famous for its significant tiger and elephant population and protected sandalwood trees, Bandipur...