LOOK FOR THESE KITEMARKS BEFORE YOU BOOK
& Help us Drive Destination Sustainability
Look out for these TOFTigers PUG & Footprint Kitemarks when you’re deciding where you or your clients stay – to help us ensure a sustainable future for India, for its wildlife and for its local communities.
The TOFTigers PUG and Footprint kitemarks are an independently administered accreditation scheme, recognised by the UN-backed Global Sustainable Tourism Council, represents South Asia’s first and highest standard in eco auditing for both urban, heritage, cultural and rural properties and for wildlife focused accommodation providers operating in or around wildlife parks, sanctuaries or areas of outstanding natural beauty in both India and Nepal.
Our primary aim is to ensure destination sustainability with recognised best practice, and the ongoing conservation of wildlife habitats and their protection, conservation and rehabilitation, with tourism as a conservation and poverty alleviation tool. A key driver is enabling local communities to benefit from more responsible tourism.
So while you or your clients have a fabulous and memorable holiday or wildlife safari, TOFTigers worries about the implications of visitors – so that you don’t have to.
TOFTigers PUG and Footprint Eco-rating includes:
- Checking effective operational management and legal requirements
- Checking sustainable ecological practice from energy and water to waste, transport and construction
- Seeking to revitalise habitats for wildlife and nature conservation
- Supporting the revitalising of local economies
- Supporting local communities
- Promoting understanding of nature and wildlife
- Minimising pollution
- Encouraging heritage conservation and cultural understanding