- To improve the ecological and economic sustainability of tourism destinations, with special focus on the wildlands and wildlife across South Asia
- To work as a change maker with governments, communities and the private sector to realise positive and sustainable outcomes for everyone
Your Benefits of Membership
Each accommodation provider joining TOFTigers membership and achieving the PUG or Footprint certification:
- Can state their support for the TOFTigers campaign in accommodation brochures, literature and websites incorporating a TOFTigers‘ logo and mission statement where required. You can also display the appropriate ‘Certified Eco-friendly ’ Logo, and your ranking logo as required.
- Will be marketed as a TOFTigers accommodation member to destination management companies, travel agents, OTA’s and international tour operators in India and abroad, and through TOFTigers publications like the Great Wildlife Travel Guide, or others being planned.
- Will be linked to the TOFTigers website as an accommodation partner, with privileged ranking/preferences according to their Eco-certification ranking.
- Will receive a detailed independent report on their operations that will help providers to save costs, save energy, improve their operational efficiency and prove their active support of their local environment to clients, agents, operators, the Park and Government ministries.
- Will be acknowledged as a member of the TOFTigers campaign in literature, publicity and PR that is undertaken to promote all sustainable travel including, wildlife based tourism in India and abroad.
- Will be informed of projects, initiatives, training and activities that are carried out by TOFTigers by regular email updates, social media, newsflashes and visits to their premises or offices.
- Will be invited to partake in actions or projects that will offer their clients more interesting activities, help stimulate projects and conservation initiatives that are possible to include on their visitors’ itineraries or marketed as part of their sales drive.
- Our mission objectives are best achieved by collective action and the partnership of all those involved in the provision of sustainable tourism in key destinations, both buyers and suppliers, with local, domestic and International support, especially in fragile wildlife and wilderness destinations.