These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Mela Kothi – The Chambal Safari Lodge
National Chambal Sanctuary
- With a team of trained naturalist guides, the lodge is able to offer several excursions designed to best discover the natural, cultural and historical attractions of the Chambal valley; including safaris by boat, jeep or camel, village walks, and temple visits to the site of an ancient cattle and horse fair that is larger in size than the Pushkar fair.
- The lodge has 13 rooms, one large heritage room, two suites, a suite and a twin-bed room in the Bougan Serai, and eight cottages in the grounds surrounding the main house. Rooms have private sit-outs overlooking the woodland and fields.
- Authentic home-cooked meals with local specialities are served, all made with fresh organically-grown ingredients from the lodge’s farm or procured directly from the local farmers. Relax in the evening with beer or a glass of wine.
- Closed from 1st May to 30th September.
- Nearest airport - Agra (70 km) Nearest railhead - Agra (70 km), Gwalior (140 km)Nearest park gate - Nandgaon Ghat (17 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Wifi access
As you glide quietly down the powering Chambal River, you are mesmerised by the deep ravines that envelope you on both sides, formed by continuous soil erosion of monsoonal floods over countless millennia. They form a maze of entwining cliffs of ancient mud and dry scrub forest – home to various species of mammals, reptiles and birds. National Chambal Sanctuary is named after the river, one of India’s cleanest and longest rivers and covers an area of 1,235 square kilometres. It was declar Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Other Parks To Combine
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...