These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Dachigam National Park
Jammu and Kashmir
- Nadis offers a plethora of activities to explore nature in the nearby Dachigam national park, such as wildlife safaris, bird watching, guided forest walks and hiking trails. Teams of local guides who share a love for the mountains, lead these sojourns elevating guest experiences. Other recreational activities provided include village walks, bonfires, visits to walnut factories and personalised trips to a host of bustling tourist attractions. They also organise visits to the pashmina shawl artisans' homes to encourage the traditional Kashmiri art of weaving. 90% of the staff requirement is met with local people, thus ensuring economic upliftment of the local community. Guests are briefed about the local ecosystems and the resort takes active steps not to disturb the surrounding nature, including prohibiting the playing of loud music.
- Designed to feel like your own modern Kashmir House replete with all the necessary comforts, it has 17 rooms well equipped with all modern amenities. The cedarwood flooring, wooden panelling and simple elegant decor created with locally sourced materials are designed to use maximum natural light and bring the surrounding nature inside the rooms. Spread over an acre, only 40% of the total area has been constructed to blend in with the surrounding nature. Along with the wafting aroma of cedarwood in the rooms, there is even a real fireplace in the living room to complete the magical storybook picture.
- The food at Nadis, steeped in tradition is simple delicious Kashmiri home food, at its core. Local cuisine at its best creates unforgettable flavours, from a locally grown organic bounty of saffron, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and fruits such as cherries, apples, raisins, pine nuts, pistachios, walnuts, almonds and many more. The ingredients used are farm fresh from their extensive organic garden or locally sourced from village vendors. This ensures sustainability as well as community development. Special attention is paid to dietary needs and customization is available upon request. A stringent waste management policy includes minimizing waste, recycling and biodegradable composting to ensure conservation.
- Open all year round
- Nearest Airport: Srinagar Airport at a distance of 26 km Nearest Railhead: Uddhampur, Jammu at a distance of 162 km Nearest Park gate: Dachigam Park at a distance of 1.2 km
- Families are welcome and so are pets.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Wifi access
At an elevation of 1700 to 4300 metres above sea level and spanning a vast 141 square kilometres, Dachigham National Park is India's most elevated forest reserve, located only 22 kilometres from Srinagar. The magnificent park is adorned with deep valleys, rocky outcrops, steep wooded slopes and rolling alpine pastures. It spans a sizable mountainous area and is divided into an upper and a lower region by the difference in altitude, ranging from 1600 m to 4200 m above sea level. Initially, Read more>>
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...