These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Barahi Jungle Lodge
Chitwan National Park
- Go for breathtaking and adrenalin fuelled nature walks with the resident naturalist who will point out the variety of life, birds and other creatures you see along the way. Other ways to explore the park include canoe, jeep and elephant backed safaris. You may even get a chance to bathe one of the resident elephants on your return home.
- Spread over 30 acres, the lodge offers 35 boutique en suite rooms, built as individual and two-in-one private villas or suites. The rooms open up to a balcony with a sit-out overlooking the forest and the river. Beautifully designed with a rustic blend of contemporary and traditional Nepali furnishings with indigenous skills, used wood, bamboo and elephant grass.
- A large open plan dining room serves a range of Indian and Continental dishes cooked with fresh ingredients, sourced from neighbouring village gardens. Lively musical performances by Tharu artists can be enjoyed around a camp fire in the evenings.
- Open all through the year.
- Nearest airport -
Bharatpur (32 km) Nearest park gate - Meghauli (across the river, 5 minutes away)
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
World famous as one of the first parks to see tigers regularly in the 1970’s, the rich biodiversity of Chitwan National Park has earned its status as a World Heritage Site as one of the last surviving examples of the natural ecosystems of the Terai region. It was the country’s first National Park declared in 1973 and also holds within its boundary a Ramsar Wetland site, the Beezashari Lake. It is a treasure trove for nature enthusiasts and an early pioneer in some of the best practices Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
A short bullock-cart ride from the Narayani River, the natural boundary between Chitwan National Park...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...