These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Tiger Tops Tharu Lodge
Chitwan National Park
- Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime elephant experience here. At the Tiger Tops Elephant Camp near the lodge, you can stay in one of six fully-equipped safari tents with attached bathrooms. . Accompanied by an experienced Tiger Tops naturalist on all activities, you will learn about the elephants routine, their relationship with their mahouts and their interaction with their environment. You can also set out on adrenaline-fuelled safaris either by jeep, canoe or foot.
- 12 en suite lodge rooms designed in a traditional manner await you. Interiors include bamboo blinds, cool decor and wooden furniture naturally finished and treated. 9 en suite safari tents are merged into the property grounds amongst the indigenous vegetation.
- A large dining room serves a range of Indian and Continental dishes cooked with fresh ingredients, sourced from neighbouring village gardens. Lively musical performances by Tharu artists can be enjoyed around a camp fire in the evenings.
- The lodge is open from September to June.
- Nearest airport - Bharatpur (46 km), Kathmandu (158 km) Nearest park gate - Amaltari (1.2 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome. They can keep themselves entertained with activities such as tennis, swimming and elephant bathing.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Swimming pool
World famous as one of the first parks to see tigers regularly in the 1970’s, the rich biodiversity of Chitwan National Park has earned its status as a World Heritage Site as one of the last surviving examples of the natural ecosystems of the Terai region. It was the country’s first National Park declared in 1973 and also holds within its boundary a Ramsar Wetland site, the Beezashari Lake. It is a treasure trove for nature enthusiasts and an early pioneer in some of the best practices Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Set on the northern banks of the Rapti River, its glorious location looks out over the tall golden grasslands...