These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Mary Budden Estate
Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Guided walks and hikes through the sanctuary; yoga retreats organised by Samara Chopra; birdwatching; day trips to Chittai bell temple, Devidhura temple, cave temple of Gananath and Jageshwar; homestay at Dalar Village; activities at village school; outdoor games like badminton and table-tennis; board games; well-stocked library
- The Mary Budden Cottage has three rooms that can comfortably sleep six people plus two children in tastefully-furnished rooms. An intimate front porch, antique carpets, rich pine wood and numerous nooks add to the charm of the cottage, which is available for rent year around as a single unit. The Rhododendron Cottage is airy and romantic with beautiful views. It has all the amenities of Mary Budden Cottage and is further enhanced with a larger living room, a cozy library and picture windows to bathe each room in sunlight. The cottage has a front porch, two levels and an inner courtyard.
- Continental, Indian, Pahadi/Kumaoni, Chinese and Tibetan cuisines are available.
- The lodge is open from 2nd Sep to 30th June
- Nearest Railhead: Kathgodam (120 km)
Nearest Airport: Pantnagar (155 km)
Set in the scenic Jhandi Dhar hills in the Himalayas, Binsar was the summer capital of the erstwhile Chand Rajas who ruled Kumaon between the 11th and 18th centuries AD. Elevated to the status of a wildlife sanctuary in 1988 after a prolonged movement by the local community, this sleepy hamlet in Uttarakhand spans an area of about 45 sq km that covers nine very picturesque and traditional Kumaon villages, with a total population of just 600 people. It’s a walkers and trekkers paradise between Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...