These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Jim’s Jungle Retreat
Corbett Tiger Reserve
- Jeep safaris; nature and birding walks; camera trapping; night walks in the Mahavan Project; cycling expeditions; short excursions to Chhoti Haldwani and Gujjar Dera; overnight stays inside Corbett.
- The lodge offers 18 residences, including jungle cottages and lodges, that borrow from their architectural past - old forest bungalows and rest houses of the Raj-era and the local Van Gujjar community houses built by hand.
- Indulge in Continental cuisines paired with traditional dishes from the Kumaoni village, while also enjoying the cooking styles from the Awadhi, Rampuri and Anglo-Indian kitchens. Try their in-house tea infusions, homemade breads and preserves and organic ingredients from their vegetable gardens.
- Open all through the year.
- Nearest airport - Pantnagar (98 km), Delhi (275 km) Nearest railhead - Ramnagar (13 km)Nearest park gate - Dhela (1.5 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome. They can participate in activities such as the Young Rangers programme, bug crawl, rooster chase, organic gardening, pond fishing, farm animal raising and overnight camping.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
Driving through the cathedral-like arches of ancient sal trees, the meadows of Dhikala, or watching fish-eating gharial crocodiles hunt mahseer at Champion’s pool, all overlooked by the blue vistas of the Kumaon Hills, Corbett is, not surprisingly, one of the first parks that comes to mind when thinking of Indian wildernesses to visit. Named after the famous hunter, naturalist and author Jim Corbett who played a key role in its establishment, Corbett is the oldest National Park in Indi Read more>>
Other Parks To Combine
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures spanning every...
Wildland Adventures is rated by National Geographic Adventure as the #1 Best \"Do-It-All\"...
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel & ecotourism since...
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 by Richard and Louise McGowan, to exclusively provide customised...