These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Baghvan, A Taj Safari
Pench Tiger Reserve
- Watch the jungle buzz with activity on one of the daily game drives, a foot safari in the nullah or on an exciting night safari under the moonlit sky. For those who want to relax, you can watch birds from the pool deck or steal and outdoor siesta with birdsong in the background. Visitors can also enjoy a leisurely bicycle trip or a visit to the potter’s village at Baghvan Pench. Though the park remains closed for safaris on the Madhya Pradesh side on Wednesday afternoons, safaris can be arranged from nearby Maharashtra's Khursapar gate entry.
- The lodge offers 12 private suites that have a distinctive contemporary bungalow feel. Each suite comprises two inter-linked buildings, spacious bathrooms and a rooftop machaan for lazy sleepouts. Delicate Parsi tiles, woven hyacinth furniture, high ceilings, deep welcoming sofas and giant ebony chests grace the elegant guest areas.
- Meals can include a varied range of cuisines. The kitchen garden has an array of fresh green vegetables and herbs. Pick the ones you like and have the chef add them to your next meal. Breakfast and lunche are served on a sweeping shaded deck surrounding the beautiful swimming pool and overlooking the nullah.
- Closed from 1st July until 30th September. The park itself is only open to the public from 15th October to 30th June.
- Nearest airport - Nagpur (90 km) and Jabalpur (192 km)Nearest railhead - Nagpur (90 km) and Jabalpur (192 km)Nearest park gate - Turia (1 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome. Screening of wildlife movies, indoor games organised by naturalists, treasure hunt, cooking demonstration, guided nature walks, and community visits are some of the activities they can participate in. The “I am a Naturalist” programme for budding naturalists is a 3-5 day module that introduces kids to the finer art of tracking animals using field signs, alarm calls and pug marks. At the end of the programme they take home a certificate.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wifi access
The evidence is undeniable, the feeling palpable, as you drive down the dusty dirt tracks, that around every corner a drama will unfold, a glimpse caught, a movement spotted. The sun-dappled forest floor is alive with spotted deer. Vast herds also gather on the shorelines of the park’s reservoir, offering a smorgasbord of food for Pench’s hungry carnivores that include leopards, wild dogs and tigers (thought to be close to 65). The remarkably unshy tigress, Collarwali, who has nurtured Read more>>
Other Parks To Combine
The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is arguably one of India’s most exciting Tiger reserves,...
This small wildlife sanctuary covers an area of 152 sq km in the north east corner of Maharashtra...
This small wildlife sanctuary covering an area of 245 sq km in the Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh...
Satpura National Park is one of India’s finest Tiger reserves, and was the winner in 2010...
Since 1992 Pench has been included under the umbrella of Project Tiger as the 19th Project...
Kanha is considered by some as the India’s greatest park, an excellent habitat for many mammals...
Bandhavgarh is set amongst the Vindya Hills of Madhya Pradesh and consists of a core area of...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking dventures throughout the...
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...