These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
The Riverwood Forest Retreat
Pench Tiger Reserve
- Wildlife safaris; birding; library; indoor games; night safari; star gazing; village walk; bazaars; pottery workshop; interactive cooking classes; nature trails; and cycling in the buffer zone.
- The Riverwood Forest Retreat - Pench features 21 earthy cottage style, air-conditioned suites. All the rooms have private gardens with sit-outs and huge windows overlooking the garden, forest or the river bed. Located at a height of two storeys, the Tree House offers an uninterrupted view of the Pachdhar river and the buffer forest.
- Indian and Continental meals are made using locally-sourced ingredients. We can cater to any dietery preferences or allergies.
- The resort remains open throughout the year but the forest stays closed for visitors between 15th June and 30th September every year. The closing time may be extended to 15th October at times.
- Nearest airport - Nagpur (90 km), Jabalpur (200 km)Nearest railhead - Nagpur (90 km), Jabalpur (200 km)Nearest park gate - Turia (12 km)
- Children of 6 years of age and above are considered as Adults. Children 0-05 years are Complimentary without extra bed and fixed meals as per resort menu.Extra Bed charges will apply (if requested for).Children 06-11 years – Child Rates apply (sharing room with parents).
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
The evidence is undeniable, the feeling palpable, as you drive down the dusty dirt tracks, that around every corner a drama will unfold, a glimpse caught, a movement spotted. The sun-dappled forest floor is alive with spotted deer. Vast herds also gather on the shorelines of the park’s reservoir, offering a smorgasbord of food for Pench’s hungry carnivores that include leopards, wild dogs and tigers (thought to be close to 65). The remarkably unshy tigress, Collarwali, who has nurtured Read more>>
Other Parks To Combine
The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is arguably one of India’s most exciting Tiger reserves,...
This small wildlife sanctuary covers an area of 152 sq km in the north east corner of Maharashtra...
This small wildlife sanctuary covering an area of 245 sq km in the Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh...
Satpura National Park is one of India’s finest Tiger reserves, and was the winner in 2010...
Since 1992 Pench has been included under the umbrella of Project Tiger as the 19th Project...
Kanha is considered by some as the India’s greatest park, an excellent habitat for many mammals...
Bandhavgarh is set amongst the Vindya Hills of Madhya Pradesh and consists of a core area of...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking dventures throughout the...
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...