These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Cardamom County By Xandari
Periyar Tiger Reserve
- Activities / Special Features
- Jeep and boat safaris, paper bag making sessions, nature walks, bamboo rafting and border hiking are regularly organised by the lodge. You can choose to visit nearby spice plantations and tea factories or even watch elephants being pampered at the local elephant camp. The lodge also arranges trips to Gavi, a nearby reserve that provides ample opportunities for night safaris, trekking and camping. The lodge has a Green leaf certified Ayurveda spa that provides cosmetic and therapeutic treatments.
- Cardamom County offers accommodations in elegant cottages built on various levels along the natural contours of the hillock it sits on. Each cottage comes with spacious bedrooms and a private verandah overlooking the verdant Cardamom Hills. Three categories of rooms are on offer – the Periyar Cottages that face bamboo forests, County Cottages with views of all-natural spice gardens, and Suites with breathtaking views from the bedroom and living room windows.
- Complimentary multi-cuisine breakfasts are arranged for all resident guests. The lodge also has an all-day dining restaurant called Spice that provides delicious meals.
- Nearest airports: Madurai (140 km), Kochi (180 km)Nearest Railhead: Kottayam (114 km)Nearest park gate - Periyar (500 meters)
- From £231 From price based on lowest category room per night. Enquire direct to get full range of pricing and to book.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
Further Information and Booking:
Visit Website Email Contact Contact Number
Periyar Tiger Reserve
The Periyar Tiger Reserve in ‘God’s Own Country’ of Kerala is a spectacular expanse of greenery and seemingly unending chain of hills in the southern region of the Western Ghats, with some of the best wildlife activities for keen wildlife visitors to enjoy. The reserve along the river Periyar, which originates in the heart of these forests, spreads over an area of 925 sq km amidst Thekkady’s spice-scented Cardamom Hills. More than 60 species of mammals are found here; including the Asiat Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
The Wildernest is a ten-room bed & breakfast lodge located in the small town of Kumily close to the Periyar...
Other Parks To Combine
Valparai is a mid-elevation hill station in the Coimbatore district of Tamil Nadu, India. Located...
Nilgiris - Cherambadi - Mudumalai
You can lose yourself in the lush green forests of the Nilgiris and return to experience it...
Nagarhole Tiger Reserve
Nagarhole is a combination of two Kannada terms, 'Nagara' meaning 'Cobra' and 'Hole' meaning...
Coorg, also known by its local name Kodagu, is a district of Karnataka. The region spans about...
Bandipur Tiger Reserve
Famous for its significant tiger and elephant population and protected sandalwood trees, Bandipur...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Next AdventureUnited States
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wilderness TravelUnited States
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...
Wildland AdventuresUnited States
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Natural Habitat AdventuresUnited States
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...