These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Satpura Tiger Reserve
- The lodge arranges for jeep safaris by day and night; elephant or walking safaris escorted by a naturalist; and canoeing steered by a boatman who will point out the treasures of the forests. The lodge arranges a 4-day trip to Pachmarhi. The Forsyth trail is another option, which is a gentle 2-day hike.
- Forsyth consists of 12 independent en suite cottages built in an arc around the lodge building and a swimming pool, each made to offer unique and private vantage points into the lodge’s carefully restored landscape.
- The Forsyth Bar, situated on an elevated platform, gives you great views and serves delectable Indian and Continental meals. You can sample traditional fare at lunchtime cooked by local women in a village kitchen created at the lodge. A candlelit dinner can also be arranged under a mature tree near a roaring campfire.
- Closed from 15th June to 1st October
- Nearest airport - Bhopal (180 km) Nearest railhead - Pipariya (38 km), Itarsi (62 km)Nearest park gate - Madhai (2 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome. A Junior Rangers Course is available for children. Spread over three days with each session lasting 30 minutes, this course introduces them to the basic tools of jungle craft such as ecology, learning how to identify different animal prints and trees, using field guides and making nature notes and sketches.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Swimming pool
After you get on a ferry on the Tawa dam, your gateway to this park, you will encounter rugged hills and steep mountains with sandstone peaks, narrow water filled gorges, deep ravines, dense sal and teak forests, as well as quiet coves and bays on which crocodiles bask and spotted deer drink. This is real explorers’ country. With real vision, Satpura is set up differently to most other Tiger Reserves in India, allowing you a far more immersive nature experience within its bounds inclu Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...