These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Mahua Kothi, A Taj Safari
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
- Sit around a bonfire under the sprawling branches of a mahua tree and enjoy cocktails and kebabs; or relax on the terrace of the homestead puffing on an aromatic hookah under the night sky. You may take a guided nature walk with a naturalist, or drive to the village of the Baiga tribe. Interested guests can be a part of their ongoing community initiatives by donating or helping install smokeless wood stoves in village houses, visiting the primary school to distribute nutritional supplements, or watching the bee keeping initiative at a village home.
- The 12 suites are built in the traditional style of Central India. Each is accessed through private courtyards with shaded seating and traditional mud floors. Interiors include wooden shutters, walls in lime and earth washes and handmade pottery roof tiles.
- Enjoy a spread of Indian and international flavours with fresh produce from the resort’s kitchen garden or sourced from local farms. Olive oil is used as the main cooking media along with other exotic ingredients sourced from different parts of the world. Dinners are served on open terraces with a live spit roasting, Khud cooking and traditional folk dancers in the background.
- Open all through the year, but the park itself is only open to the public from 16th October to 30th June.
- Nearest airport - Jabalpur (165 km), Khajuraho (260 km) Nearest railhead - Jabalpur (165 km), Khajuraho (260 km)Nearest park gate - Tala (3 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome. Screening of wildlife movies; indoor games organised by naturalists; treasure hunt, cooking demonstration; guided nature walks; and community visits are some of the activities they can participate in. “I am a Naturalist” programme for budding naturalists is a 3-5 day module that introduces kids to the finer art of tracking animals using field signs, alarm calls and pug marks. At the end of the programme they take home a certificate.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wifi access
It is hard to imagine as you drive through these forests that this area was originally home to powerful kings and maharajas residing in the large hilltop fort; its meadows were rich agricultural lands tended by farmers and Buddhist monks; and sadhus occupied an extensive cave system in 100 BC. Bandhav-garh means ‘fort of the brother’ and is belived to have been gifted by Lord Ram to his brother Lakshman. In the twelfth century, the fort was given in dowry to the Baghela clan, of whic Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...