These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
- Game drives with lodge naturalists; nature walks; bird watching; village visit and workshops with bamboo weavers.
- The resort offers 10 regular cottages and 8 stilted cottages. Choose between a twin and double cottage all of which are equipped with en suite bathrooms, verandas, airconditioning and a coffee maker.
- All meals are served in the multi-cuisine dining hall with a fireplace overlooking expanses of wild grasslands. Fresh produce is sourced from the neighbouring villages and the kitchen garden of the lodge.
- Open from 1st October to 30th June and closed during the monsoons.
- Nearest airport - Jabalpur (190 km), Khajuraho (245 km) Nearest railhead - Umaria (35 km), Katni (100 km)Nearest park gate - Tala
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
It is hard to imagine as you drive through these forests that this area was originally home to powerful kings and maharajas residing in the large hilltop fort; its meadows were rich agricultural lands tended by farmers and Buddhist monks; and sadhus occupied an extensive cave system in 100 BC. Bandhav-garh means ‘fort of the brother’ and is belived to have been gifted by Lord Ram to his brother Lakshman. In the twelfth century, the fort was given in dowry to the Baghela clan, of whic Read more>>
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel & ecotourism since...
Wildland Adventures is rated by National Geographic Adventure as the #1 Best \"Do-It-All\"...
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 by Richard and Louise McGowan, to exclusively provide customised...
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures spanning every...