These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Chitvan Jungle Lodge
Kanha Tiger Reserve
- Besides the standard jungle drives, the lodge arranges tribal dances, bullock cart rides, birding and nature walks and local market visits. A short cycling trip to the countryside, an Indian cooking demonstration and learning organic farming at the lodge’s farms are also popular activities enjoyed by guests of all ages.
- Choose from the 10 Jal cottages or 4 Prithvi suites, which have a big saja tree in the centre of the block and comfortable and spacious rooms. The 4 Akash suites are located next to the organic farms and give you a captivating view of the Maikal Hills. The Mahasagar Suite is a large 2-bedroom suite with a living room and 4 private balconies to enjoy panoramic views.
- From grains and vegetables to milk products, all ingredients served here are organic and mostly harvested at the lodge or in neighbouring farms. A variety of Indian and Continental dishes are cooked to suit your preferences. You can try an Indian cooking demonstration, interact with the chef and learn about some of the delicacies from the kitchen. Having a sundowner at the bar is a perfect way to end your day here.
- Closed from 15th June till 30th September.
- Nearest Airport -Raipur (220 km), Jabalpur (220 km), Nagpur (300 km)Nearest Railhead - Gondia (135 km), Jabalpur (200 km)Nearest park gate - Mukki Gate (4 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome. The Jungle Knowledge Educational Tour is specially designed for youngsters and teaches them the importance of forests and wildlife. It entails a gentle walk to the Banjaar River with a naturalist, spotting the footprints of different creatures, both big and small.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair access
Stopping your vehicle beside one of the large golden grass meadows with the sunbeams angled by the tall sal forest behind you; a morning mist and the unseen crack of horns from a pair of barasingha stags clashing and you might well be reminded of Mowgli’s forests made famous by Rudyard Kipling. These lowland forests are a mixture of great sal hardwood trees, once heavily felled for railways sleepers and other mixed species of forest. It is interspersed with grassy meadows - the habitat Read more>>
Other Parks To Combine
The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is arguably one of India’s most exciting Tiger reserves,...
This small wildlife sanctuary covering an area of 245 sq km in the Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh...
Satpura National Park is one of India’s finest Tiger reserves, and was the winner in 2010...
Since 1992 Pench has been included under the umbrella of Project Tiger as the 19th Project...
Kanha is considered by some as the India’s greatest park, an excellent habitat for many mammals...
Bandhavgarh is set amongst the Vindya Hills of Madhya Pradesh and consists of a core area of...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...