These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Kanha Jungle Lodge
Kanha Tiger Reserve
- Nature walks; bird watching; star gazing; cooking classes; village visits; visit to village schools and markets.
- Accommodation is in one of 18 rooms and 2 new independent deluxe cottages with private patios overlooking the forest. All rooms have attached bathroom and a hot water bottle is placed in your bed at night!
- A large round thatched dining room serves continental and Indian cuisine. Much of the produce comes from the lodge’s organic farm. Order up a drink from the bar as you tell each other stories from the day’s safari.
- Closed from 15th June to 15th October, depending on the park opening date. Wednesday afternoons parks are closed and Holi and Diwali parks are closed for full day
- Nearest airport - Jabalpur (176 km), Nagpur (270 km)Nearest railhead - Jabalpur (176 km), Nagpur (270 km)Nearest park gate - Mukki (1 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Wheelchair access
Stopping your vehicle beside one of the large golden grass meadows with the sunbeams angled by the tall sal forest behind you; a morning mist and the unseen crack of horns from a pair of barasingha stags clashing and you might well be reminded of Mowgli’s forests made famous by Rudyard Kipling. These lowland forests are a mixture of great sal hardwood trees, once heavily felled for railways sleepers and other mixed species of forest. It is interspersed with grassy meadows - the habitat Read more>>
Other Parks To Combine
The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is arguably one of India’s most exciting Tiger reserves,...
This small wildlife sanctuary covering an area of 245 sq km in the Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh...
Satpura National Park is one of India’s finest Tiger reserves, and was the winner in 2010...
Since 1992 Pench has been included under the umbrella of Project Tiger as the 19th Project...
Kanha is considered by some as the India’s greatest park, an excellent habitat for many mammals...
Bandhavgarh is set amongst the Vindya Hills of Madhya Pradesh and consists of a core area of...