These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Kanha Earth Lodge, Pugdundee Safaris
Kanha Tiger Reserve
- Activities / Special Features
- Opening Times
- Children Policy
- If you’re feeling adventurous, explore the outdoors through a jeep safari with the lodge naturalists, elephant safari, birding walk, nature trail or cycling. Guests can sight the rare hard ground barasingha found only in Kanha’s large grasslands, in addition to tigers, leopards, sloth bears, lesser cats and over 250 bird species. For a cultural experience, visit a local Gond tribal home and participate in a crafts workshop with Gond woodcarvers and local potters, or a painting workshop with Gond painters. You could also visit the Friday weekly market to shop for local produce and souvenirs. For the guests who want to relax, there is an infinity pool, which is set between Mahua trees and its infinity edges merge into Kanha’s forests.
- The lodge offers 12 air-conditioned luxury bungalows with en-suite bathrooms, dressing room and large open verandas with forest views. The bungalows are designed to merge into the the landscape yet provide all comforts for a luxurious stay like 24-hour power back up, 24-hour hot water facilities, complimentary organic toiletries and bathroom essentials and a tea and coffee pantry offering a choice of select brews. The lodge refrains from directing jungles to create landscapes and has its resident birds and mammals that have been happily coexisting since the foundation, thus providing guests with a true wilderness experience.
- A multi-cuisine dining hall serves Indian and continental cuisine cooked with fresh produce sourced from our kitchen gardens and the neighboring villages. Moreover, there is a facility for outdoor barbeques and bush dinners, where one can dine under the stars.
- Open from 1st October to 30th June.
- Nearest airport -Jabalpur (176 km), Nagpur (270 km), Raipur (350 km)Nearest railhead - Jabalpur (176 km), Nagpur (270 km), Gondia (200 km)Nearest park gate - Khatia (15 km)
- • 1 child below 5 year is complimentary. Other will be charged @ 25% of double room cost. • Children between 5-12 years sharing the room are charged @ 25% of double room cost. • Children above 12 years / adults sharing the room are charged @ 40% the of double
- From £116 From price based on lowest category room per night. Enquire direct to get full range of pricing and to book.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair access
Further Information and Booking:
Visit Website Email Contact Contact Number
Kanha Tiger Reserve
Stopping your vehicle beside one of the large golden grass meadows with the sunbeams angled by the tall sal forest behind you; a morning mist and the unseen crack of horns from a pair of barasingha stags clashing and you might well be reminded of Mowgli’s forests made famous by Rudyard Kipling. These lowland forests are a mixture of great sal hardwood trees, once heavily felled for railways sleepers and other mixed species of forest. It is interspersed with grassy meadows - the habitat Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Kanha Jungle Camp
With a strong focus on conservation, sustainability and local community, Kanha Jungle Camp sits in an...
Other Parks To Combine
Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve
The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is arguably one of India’s most exciting Tiger reserves,...
Barnawapara Wildlife Sanctuary
This small wildlife sanctuary covering an area of 245 sq km in the Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh...
Satpura Tiger Reserve
Satpura National Park is one of India’s finest Tiger reserves, and was the winner in 2010...
Pench Tiger Reserve
Since 1992 Pench has been included under the umbrella of Project Tiger as the 19th Project...
Kanha Tiger Reserve
Kanha is considered by some as the India’s greatest park, an excellent habitat for many mammals...
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Bandhavgarh is set amongst the Vindya Hills of Madhya Pradesh and consists of a core area of...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Next AdventureUnited States
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wildland AdventuresUnited States
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Natural Habitat AdventuresUnited States
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...
Wilderness TravelUnited States
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...