These providers are environmentally and culturally responsible. They are continuously working to better their operations and enhance their sustainable practices and are working to become exemplary industry leaders.
Kanha Jungle Camp
Kanha Tiger Reserve
- The camp offers a plethora of activities, designed to provide an immersive and restorative experience. Guided game drives and jungle safaris in the reserve are led by trained wildlife experts. The thrilling night safaris in the Mukki buffer zone allow the visitors to experience the magic of the jungle in moonlight, as lights are strictly prohibited. The best time for bird watching is from November to May in this region and is a highly sought-after activity. Stargazing evenings are overseen by resident experts. Guests have exclusive access to the in-house ecological park, packed with bountiful flora and fauna. Naturalist-led village walks offer opportunities to observe and engage with the Gonds & the Baiga tribes and to witness their colourful culture. Visitors can watch and learn traditional Gond painting or the Baiga basket weaving. The in-house nature library is a shared space of interactive exchange. The camp gift shop stocks curated treasures from the local artisans.
- 16 Elevated spacious cottages of varying heights, offer spectacular 180-degree views of the surrounding greenery and come equipped with all modern amenities. The light, airy indoor spaces seamlessly merge with the outdoors and provide a sense of quietude. Each cottage encompasses a private deck offering an abundance of space and privacy to each guest. The resort also provides easy senior and wheelchair access. Being a pet-friendly establishment, furry friends are always welcome. A sprawling villa accommodation of 3 bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, and a common hall with a dining table are ideal for groups travelling together. 2 Long stay rooms are also available for wildlife photographers or individuals working from remote locations.
- At the Camp, food is regarded as an extension of cultures and eating fresh and local is not just
sustainable, but also elevates culinary experiences. Regional dishes such as ‘Khatte meethe baingan’ (a dish adapted from the Gond cuisine), Zunka Bhakri, and Kanha countryside chicken curry are highlighted and very popular. Alfresco Culinary Experiences such as outdoor bush meals, candlelight pool dinners or meals with special dietary preferences are painstakingly curated, upon request. All seasonal produce is sourced from their organic farm or local farmers. Efficient water management, waste management systems and avoidance of single-use plastic ensure sustainability.
- Lodge remains open all year round, but all national parks of Madhya Pradesh remain closed for safaris in July, August & September due to monsoons. The Park also remains closed on Wednesdays, designated holidays and one week a year for tiger census.
- Nearest airport: Raipur Airport at a distance of 234 km Nearest railhead: Raipur Stationis at a distance of 215 kmNearest Park Gate: Mukki gate of Kanha Tiger reserve.
- Camp curates special activities for children.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
Stopping your vehicle beside one of the large golden grass meadows with the sunbeams angled by the tall sal forest behind you; a morning mist and the unseen crack of horns from a pair of barasingha stags clashing and you might well be reminded of Mowgli’s forests made famous by Rudyard Kipling. These lowland forests are a mixture of great sal hardwood trees, once heavily felled for railways sleepers and other mixed species of forest. It is interspersed with grassy meadows - the habitat Read more>>
Other Parks To Combine
The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is arguably one of India’s most exciting Tiger reserves,...
This small wildlife sanctuary covering an area of 245 sq km in the Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh...
Satpura National Park is one of India’s finest Tiger reserves, and was the winner in 2010...
Since 1992 Pench has been included under the umbrella of Project Tiger as the 19th Project...
Kanha is considered by some as the India’s greatest park, an excellent habitat for many mammals...
Bandhavgarh is set amongst the Vindya Hills of Madhya Pradesh and consists of a core area of...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....