These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Singinawa Jungle Lodge
Kanha Tiger Reserve
- Activities / Special Features
- Opening Times
- Children Policy
- Jeep safaris into the park, treks and nature walks in the buffer forest are popular. Go into the interior of the forest on a 20 km track on all terrain Firefox bicycles to Jaldid and Baiga village, or plan a day trip to Phen Wildlife Sanctuary. If you go for a visit to a nearby village, don’t forget to stop by the village market, cattle fair and meet the tribal potters at Baihar. Take a guided tour of The Kanha Museum of Life and Art at the lodge. The lodge offers visitors the added opportunity to not only accompany trained naturalists on a tour of the local forests but also soak in the indigenous culture through an aesthetic experience.
- The lodge offers 12 tastefully designed cottages. All of them have a large bedroom,private verandah, en suite bathrooms with double vanities and rain showers, proper fireplaces, air conditioning and a mini bar. Recently introduced 'The Perch' is a secluded bungalow that offers 4 avifauna-themed rooms. It has its own private dining and living room, kitchen, library, a personal butler, and a lotus pond that beautifies the surrounding garden.
- Singinawa’s chefs offer extensive menus of Indian, Nepalese, Continental and pan Asian cuisines. The adjoining home farm grows and supplies organic rice, wheat and pulses directly to the kitchen, while vegetables, herbs and spices are plucked afresh daily from their organic herb and spice garden.The Watering Hole, with its open treetop level terrace, offers guests an idyllic venue to unwind over a cup of coffee, or partake of an elaborate range of cocktails.
- Singinawa is closed from end of June to end of September each year.
- Nearest airport - Jabalpur (155 km), Nagpur (275 km)Nearest railhead - Jabalpur (155 km), Nagpur (275 km)Nearest park gate - Mukki (12 km), Khatia (36 km)
- Children of all ages are welcome. They get the chance to learn traditional Indian games with school children from nearby villages. They can also learn pugmark identification, plaster cast making techniques and how to read jungle signs with the resident naturalist. The lodge also arranges for baby sitters, special cots and food for infants and children on request.
- From £116 From price based on lowest category room per night. Enquire direct to get full range of pricing and to book.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Credit cards accepted
- Swimming pool
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
Further Information and Booking:
Visit Website Email Contact Contact Number
Kanha Tiger Reserve
Stopping your vehicle beside one of the large golden grass meadows with the sunbeams angled by the tall sal forest behind you; a morning mist and the unseen crack of horns from a pair of barasingha stags clashing and you might well be reminded of Mowgli’s forests made famous by Rudyard Kipling. These lowland forests are a mixture of great sal hardwood trees, once heavily felled for railways sleepers and other mixed species of forest. It is interspersed with grassy meadows - the habitat Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Kanha Jungle Camp
With a strong focus on conservation, sustainability and local community, Kanha Jungle Camp sits in an...
Other Parks To Combine
Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve
The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is arguably one of India’s most exciting Tiger reserves,...
Barnawapara Wildlife Sanctuary
This small wildlife sanctuary covering an area of 245 sq km in the Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh...
Satpura Tiger Reserve
Satpura National Park is one of India’s finest Tiger reserves, and was the winner in 2010...
Pench Tiger Reserve
Since 1992 Pench has been included under the umbrella of Project Tiger as the 19th Project...
Kanha Tiger Reserve
Kanha is considered by some as the India’s greatest park, an excellent habitat for many mammals...
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Bandhavgarh is set amongst the Vindya Hills of Madhya Pradesh and consists of a core area of...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Natural Habitat AdventuresUnited States
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...
Next AdventureUnited States
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...
Wildland AdventuresUnited States
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Wilderness TravelUnited States
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...