These are exemplary industry leaders. These providers have a positive impact on the environment, local communities and their clients. They invest both time and money to maintain sustainable tourism practices.
Kanha Tiger Reserve
- Activities / Special Features
- Opening Times
- Children Policy
The day begins with a morning safari in the Kanha National Park’s core area in open 4WD vehicles. Guests are given a wholesome picnic breakfast. Lunch is usually served outdoors back at the Camp. In the afternoon, guests can go for another jungle drive or go bird watching, take a guided nature walk in the forests, retreat to a hammock with a book or – most popular of all – bathe Tara the elephant in the river. In the evening, it is time to relax in the Shamiana around a campfire with drinks and dinner, and listen to jungle calls. Other activities can include a visit to neighbouring villages, massages, volleyball, a candlelit outdoor dinner, and a tribal dance under the stars. Visits can be arranged to explore three little-known 17th century forts, and a hill-top village with tribal artists.
- Six cottages with fourteen rooms are scattered among the trees, all with en-suite bathrooms and rain showers. Three of the rooms are air-conditioned. There is also a private cottage with a sitting room and patio overlooking the wildlife waterhole. Heaters and hot water bottles are provided in the winter and coolers or air-conditioners in the summer.
- The lodge serves continental and Indian cuisine. Picnic breakfasts are served in the national park during the morning safari. Lunch and dinner are served back at the Camp under the mahua tree, on the Bamboo House patio, or under the stars.
- Open from early October to early May, after which the Camp closes for the summer and monsoon season.
- Nearest airport - Jabalpur (160 km)Nearest railhead - Jabalpur (160 km), Nagpur (260 km)Nearest park gate - Khatia Gate (3 km)
- Children of all ages are particularly welcome - it is a wonderful place for them to learn about nature and have their first wildlife experience. They are taken on nature walks, to see results from the wildlife camera traps and to meet and learn about Tara the elephant.
- From £132 From price based on lowest category room per night. Enquire direct to get full range of pricing and to book.
- In-house lodge naturalist
- Wheelchair access
- Wifi access
Further Information and Booking:
Visit Website Email Contact Contact Number
Kanha Tiger Reserve
Stopping your vehicle beside one of the large golden grass meadows with the sunbeams angled by the tall sal forest behind you; a morning mist and the unseen crack of horns from a pair of barasingha stags clashing and you might well be reminded of Mowgli’s forests made famous by Rudyard Kipling. These lowland forests are a mixture of great sal hardwood trees, once heavily felled for railways sleepers and other mixed species of forest. It is interspersed with grassy meadows - the habitat Read more>>
Other PUG Lodges In This Park
Kanha Jungle Camp
With a strong focus on conservation, sustainability and local community, Kanha Jungle Camp sits in an...
Other Parks To Combine
Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve
The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve is arguably one of India’s most exciting Tiger reserves,...
Barnawapara Wildlife Sanctuary
This small wildlife sanctuary covering an area of 245 sq km in the Mahasamund district of Chhattisgarh...
Satpura Tiger Reserve
Satpura National Park is one of India’s finest Tiger reserves, and was the winner in 2010...
Pench Tiger Reserve
Since 1992 Pench has been included under the umbrella of Project Tiger as the 19th Project...
Kanha Tiger Reserve
Kanha is considered by some as the India’s greatest park, an excellent habitat for many mammals...
Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve
Bandhavgarh is set amongst the Vindya Hills of Madhya Pradesh and consists of a core area of...
Travel Here with the Best Travel Companies & Agents
Wildland AdventuresUnited States
Wildland Adventures is rated the Best ‘Do-It-All’ Outfitter by National Geographic Adventure....
Wilderness TravelUnited States
Wilderness Travel offers extraordinary cultural, wildlife and hiking adventures throughout...
Natural Habitat AdventuresUnited States
Natural Habitat Adventures has been a leader in responsible adventure travel and ecotourism...
Next AdventureUnited States
Next Adventure was founded in 1996 to exclusively provide customised safari arrangements for...