THE BEST JOURNEYS AWARD 2020
We are delighted to announce the launch of a new awards programme, that seeks to highlight fabulous journeys that can be enjoyed by any traveller and holidaymaker.
Our awards are launched in conjunction with our recent partnership announcement with Travelife, which trains, manages and certifies tour operators, DMC’s and agents for their sustainable operations, their travel programmes and client itineraries.
The ‘Best Journey’ award & kitemark will be awarded to ‘exceptional itinerary design’ that encompasses all the necessary criteria that makes any journey as sustainable, immersive and interesting as it is possible to be.
The key criteria that any itinerary will be judged include :
- The quality of the travellers information
- The quality of each destination’s information
- The sustainability of the hotels/lodges or other accommodation chosen and of its food information
- The sustainability of transport options and traveller movement options
- The quality, sustainability and immersive-ness of trips, tours, excursions and activities
- The quality and expertise of tour guides, local guides and guiding information
- The destination benefits & local partnerships
- The highlighting any supply chain actions
- The quality of promotional, marketing and advertising information
- The sustainability information of the travel company
Key rules & conditions of the Awards
- Company owners or the key product/sales or promotional staff of a submitting company will have to have been through one of TOFTigers Sustainable Travel Awareness tutorial (Proof of attendance is achieved through passing the tutorial’s questionnaire). Ongoing tutorial dates every week here
- It’s open to TOFTigers members and non-members who sell, operate and/or manage tours and travel with the Indian subcontinent including India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Bhutan, but NOT Sri Lanka.
- Awards of ‘TOFTigers Best Journey’can cover any range of journey types as long as they have a nature or wildlife based product, service or experience within them. (Can also include heritage, historic, cultural, adventure etc – be from luxury to budget, be tailormade or for groups, etc – or any combination of these formats or client bases). They can be aimed at any sector of the domestic or International travel market, and itineraries must be from 6 nights/7 days or more.
- All journeys will be ‘marked’ as set out already by our internal Sustainable Travel Awareness Certification process.
- All Global Sustainable Tourism Council’s (GSTC) accredited or recognised certification schemes will be acknowledged alongside their certified lodgings or accommodation within any itinerary. (i.e. TOFTigers PUG & Footprint, Earthcheck, Green Globe etc)
- All submitted journey itineraries will have to be reasonably displayed on the company’s website to be considered as being fully promoted by the applying company.
There is no specific limit to the number of awards that can be given, but only the best and most sustainable as marked and judged will attain an award – and the awarding of ‘TOFTigers Best journey’would come with a kitemark to be added to the submitted itinerary when awarded, together with PR and promotional benefits with our own and external media where possible. The company will receive a separate ‘Designer of ‘Best Journey’ kitemark as a promotional tool.
- Companies can submit up to a maximum of five itineraries for judging.
- Winning itineraries and their companies will be highlighted by TOFTigers in appropriate literature, on websites and via its social media channels or any other ways deemed viable and appropriate.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
The deadline for submission of itineraries is midnight on Friday 27th November 2020.
The awards will be announced at a suitable Awards ceremony on Thursday 10th December 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
STEP ONE – Submission fee
Each itinerary submission costs a total of :
- INR750 per itinerary for TOFTigers members
- INR1500 per itinerary for non-members
Along with the payment please upload your itinerary, with the below details :
- the submitting company name, and
- the name(s) of the person(s) submitting the itinerary (s) (see the below)
- the direct weblink to illustrate the itinerary is up on the website.
P.S: Please ensure you have completed the Tutorial questionnaire.
PLEASE NOTE – Itineraries must be a singular document. No attached photos/policies/extras will be allowed and it’s not possible to simply add hyperlinks to other text or explanations. It must all be included in the PDF or word document in the format that you would use to present or sell it to your clients/visitors.
Any problems you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register & Pay
Per itinerary for TOFTigers members : Rs.750
Per itinerary for non-members: Rs.1500