Engage your business – A river cruise or canal boat company?
If you are a river cruise based tour owner or operator, be it a small craft along the waterways of Kerala or a luxury cruiser boat on one of India’s famous rivers and waterways, your business can be a critical tool in river and water protection and health, wildlife support and community conservation.How your plan and run your cruise operations and who and how you employ your workforce will have inevitable positive (or negative) consequences, ensuring not only the long term health of your business but also the health and natural wealth of the waterways, local communities and protected area that you benefit from, as part of each journey.
- Businesses that adopt green practices outperform their competitors
- 75% of consumers want more responsible holidays
- 93% of consumers say travel companies should be committed to preserving natural heritage
- 66% of consumers prefer to buy products and services from companies that give back to society
- 58% of Conde Nast Travellers said their hotel choice influenced by green credentials
- 66% of Tripadvisor.com travellers often or always consider environment when choosing hotels and other providers like cruises
- 50% willing to pay more for goods and services that have good corporate social responsibility credentials
As a cruise business owner you need to see latest trends in responsible travel and tourism trends here
- Gives you cruise product differentiation in a tough marketplace
- Strengthens your image to both buyers and guests in what you offer, and reassurance in the quality of what can be experienced
- Gives you comparative advantage when buyers of potential guests making a decision as to who to buy. OTA websites like Tripadvisor.com and Booking.com increasingly using approved certification to optimise & prioritise providers
- Be at the forefront of the market trend to sustainable services, both Internationally and also with your fast developing domestic market
- Highlights areas for operational cost savings, affecting bottom line
- Be highlighted on India’s best known responsible travel website, and other partners like Sanctuary Asia, as well as get the chance to be highlighted in many others in print and online tour operator, travel and tourism publications.
- Be able to command premium cruise pricing as a result
NOW you can show the world you care: Join us.
Join TOFTigers as a cruise travel member and seek to gain our PUG eco rating kitemark for your eco-efforts. It comes with a range of business benefits and opportunities to promote your cruise business further. Click hereto download a PDF on why you should join and what the PUG mark will do for your business.
See further details on the PUG process here