Engage your business – A DMC or ground agent?
DMC’s and ground agents are a critical component in the nature tourism equation. Your purchasing decisions, together with those of your clients and guests will make (or break) the long term health of a destination or protected area – that is why you are critically important to TOFTigers – and to wildlife conservation. As a DMC or agent you can influence the supply chain, up and down stream, in a most proactive way, seek out and encourage best practice in lodge keeping, highlight the very best operations and businesses to your clients and visitors, seek out novel experiences that support local communities and educate your guests in clever and interesting ways through your guides and naturalists.
A holiday or tour itinerary or programme that does not compromise the destination, its wildlife, landscape or its resident communities, but is a net benefit to its long term health and welfare.
- Ensures that what your visitors see now, local communities can benefit from today, and your next guests can enjoy tomorrow and into the future.
- Ensures wildlife and wilderness thrives in these areas for all humanity to benefit from
- Businesses that adopt green practice outperform their competitors
- 75% of consumers want more responsible holidays
- 93% of consumers say travel companies should be committed to preserving natural heritage
- 66% of consumers prefer to buy products and services from companies that give back to society
- 58% of Conde Nast Travellers said their hotel choice influenced by green credentials
- 66% of Tripadvisor.com travellers often or always consider environment when choosing hotels and other providers
- 50% willing to pay more for goods and services that have good corporate social responsibility credentials
As a business owner you need to see latest trends in responsible travel and tourism trends here
A number of important business reasons
- Increasing demand from your clients & customers for greener holidays
- Increasingly demanded by insurers and Travel Directors (alongside Health & safety regulations)
- Increasing regulations from Government & publicity from advocacy groups
- It decreases the inherent risks to your business
- Increases your repeat business and
- Increasingly gets you better ratings on Online booking sites
SO WHAT DOES TOFTigers ask of you?
- Use accommodation providers identified as ‘Best Practice’ providers using our TOFTigers PUG rating as your guide or encourage those not involved to become involved.
- Seek out and engineer more ‘holistic’ experiences within your itineraries that allow time for authentic experiences that include both nature and local communities.
- Seek alternatives to the mainstream destinations, with new reserves and regions
- Seek out and offer greater variety of wildlife & forest interaction (Walks, hides, bikes, birdwatching, village trips etc)
- Support conservation where possible within your CSR commitments with projects like our Village Wildlife Guardian programme and others
Join TOFTigers and you will join over 80 other DMC’s and ground agents and companies who have made a commitment to doing better business – and proving that doing better business is good for business.
For find out more how you can join and benefit download this PDF here
Online Registration for DMC membership application Click Here